Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Battle Formula Script

yes, i know it is in Battler 3, but i always end up typing some syntax incorrectly!!!

could someone make a script line for SKILL EFFECT which, however need be done, makes

Damage = ((2 * L / 5 + 2) * A * P / D / 50 + 2) * R / 100

L = users Level
A = Attack or Intelligence
P = Skill.Power
D = Defense or Resistance
R = rand(85-100?) would that be (rand(15) + 85)?

Just to clarify...

1) Under Attack or Intelligence, or Defense or Resistance, what should be the thing that chooses?

2) Is this for all skills? In other words, am I just replacing that, or will this be an add-on?

I'm gonna guess this is for the player's side only, since monsters don't usually have a level.

1) i suppose...
User.atk should be multiplied by skill.atk_f (ATTACK POWER in skill editor_),
User.int. should be * (MAGIC in skill editor-sorry, i once asked for the code for this value, but to no reply)
Self.pdef * skill.pdef_f
Self.mdef * skill.mdef_f

2) oh, man, your right! it shold be for ALL skills, but enemies DONT have levels...damn...trying to think of a way to work around this...can you make it so that if a player uses it, it is 2* Level, but if an enemy uses it, it is
2 * (how much exp. they award / 10)?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.