Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Battle animations for battlers

Alright, I know that even with saying this I'm probably attracting a number of angry fiery insects, but nonetheless, I am tired of clicking on the search button.

I have seen and tested scripts that use special battler images and break them up for the battler animations.

I have also seen and tested things like Minkoff's, and Dervulfmann's (did I spell that correctly) alterations of that.

What I want to know is this:

http://i22.tinypic.com/34zc6s8.png[/IMG]

This is an image from my game in it's current state on RPG Maker 2003. The game uses battle animations for the battlers. I want to use the battle animation system that is presented here, or at least something very similar. Yes, (the edit of) Minkoff's let's me bring in a battle sheets, but while it has all of these options available for me to customize, I fear that as I continue to build upon my game I will begin to complicate the situation and things will break very easily. Plus there are a number of things that it seems I cannot have control over under any circumstance without additional scripting knowledge which I simply do not have. All I need is something of at least equal quality and malleability as the battle animation battler system in 2003. I want to actually make each animation, and then tell it when to use it. I.E: When the player uses this skill, strike a pose using animation number 'x'. I apologize if this seems to be a question that is asked often, but there are some key things I need here that are a bit different from the norm here, I assure you. Please forgive me if I am not successfully able to convey the proper point.

If there is indeed no way to simply define which battle animation is used where, then I suppose I will just have to put my other qualms regarding the Minkoff system aside and just take a hit, but really I would rather not. I sincerely hope that I have communicated my problem successfully.

Furthermore, if there is a way to circumvent my situation with the Minkoff system, then please bring it to my attention! I am completely willing to put forth the effort. I am re-reading the explanations in the scripts themselves now, but I cannot seem to find the solution on my own.

Thank you for your time.

EDIT: Already I am in the wrong section. I apologize.

Really? That's awesome, I'll continue trying to find it. It's a really great system, I just wonder if it can do all that I need it to do. If you're right that's one thing down at least. :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.