Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

awesome idea for a battle system

$t3v0

Awesome Bro

Then you need to explain a little more. Do your best to draw mock-ups and bring to our attention the exact thing you're looking for.

The more information you give, the more accurate the results will be. Obviously :p

The script you're requesting has been done a host of times, which is why everyone's saying to use the search function.

RTAB = Real Time Active Battle. There are two (that I know of) systems specifically named RTAB as well as a host of ATB (Active Timer Battle) scripts and similar things such as Trickster's CTB (Conditional Timer Battle). If the scripts already available don't fulfill what you want from the system, you might try taking $t3v0's advice and describing in more detail (well, ANY detail) what you want.

He wants the battle system to be real time battle system thats all that needs to be explained.

Meaning that if you are choosing what command to use,items ecc the battle will still go on and the enemies can attack you.

He did post a FFX-2 screenshot, and that battle system had a few tweaks that other systems didn't (ability to interrup enemy actions by attacking, chaining combos for extra damage, a skill delay that not all ATBs use). And he say
i did but noone has the exact thing i mean
which implies there's something missing in the systems he's looked at. He just hasn't bothered to explain what.

This is a forum where volunteers help you, not a forum you pay to enter in order to get help. Yeah, we have to be helpfull to you but ever heard about "Give a fish to a man and you will feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you will feed him for a lifetime." or if you prefer "What's the point of having good grades if you always ask teachers questions and only do what he ask? In a real-life new situation, you won't always have him help you".

So if you can't even find something a simple as a acronym, if won't get anywhere in RMXP.

There are tons of them over here. In any case "Because it looks cool" is not a synonym of "Because it will be good in my game". Imagine if everyone on this forum made a fan game of a final fantasy (a game wich kicks ass). I wouldn't even be here.

So...every (or almost) post in this thread asked you to give you more description because or else we can't help. You still haven't said anything, only why you want it which helps everyone.

Scripts can collide between them, but there is no such thing as my scripts don't work with SDK. 1/10 of their script dosen't work with one of yours. The whole SDK falls. From how you say things its exactly that case.

I never played X-2 but i know one things and its that it is made by professional programmers that i wouldn't understand a single line of code (and im quite good), and is a 3d many-month project. Why don't you ask someone to make ff13's battle system while you are at it (i would pay high just to try it out).

So, as a final quote : "The magic though dosen't exist. The world will not act like you wish to. Work for yourself (use the search bar), for we won't work for you (guess what you want precisly, the only details we got wasen't from you)."

The only one not being helpful here is you. We've been asking you over and over again - What exactly do you want? Explain your request.

Just don't post a screen shot and assume we know every intricate detail of the battle system. We said look at the RTAB and you said it doesn't fit your needs.

So, what is the RTAB missing? What does it not have that you need for your battle system.

Communication is the key.

i didnt bother reading it all. But i know it wasnt helpfull

That is reason enough to not even allow this topic to remain open. You still don't understand how to make a request, even though you have made at least 5 request topics. Everyone of them is people telling you to look into the RTAB. No, you aren't going to get the exact same battle system in FFX-2, so they are giving you something as close as possible. The RTAB systems are basically the same, they players just don't change posisitions, which you can't expect that much in a 2D game maker. Chances are, you aren't reading this, so whatever. I could just say blue 1000 times, but because I am not offering you a link, and instead a body of text, you are just assuming this is useless. You could use the advice here, and especially the advice which paslechoix offered you, but because it isn't a demoable format, it isn't useful.

Because I am such a nice guy, I am going to ask no one post in this thread. No matter what RPGBDesign post here, just don't respond. This isn't going to go anywhere, so don't bother posting. If it gets further out of hand, I will just lock it.

You have so much to learn RPGBdesign, but it would be like teaching a wall to move.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.