Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Attack-dependent variable.

Script Request Template
This is a request for a new script, an edit or debug of an existing script.

Script Title:
Attack-dependent variable.

Detailed Description:
To be as detailed as possible, I'm making a game which uses three types of skills. "Skills" use regular SP, "Specials" use AP and "Overdrives" use all of your AP.

The AP system would pretty much be affected by selecting the normal "Attack" command. A single attack would increase AP by one. The maximum amount of AP one could attain would be 10. The variable would be shared amongst characters, so there's no need to make it any specific. You could say it's similar to Atelier Iris 2, but simpler... although it might not be as simple to script.

So what I'm saying is just that I'd like an "AP" variable dependable on a player's selection of the "attack" command; whereas this accumulation of this AP variable could not go over 10. Then, I think I can cook up a common event in my skills that reduce AP upon use. I guess that if you could make the skills have an AP cost in the script (I'd just put zero for normal skills), I would love it, but I'm not asking for that much.

Other Scripts I am using (in order):
I'm using a script that allows having more than four party members, then a time-based battle system script, followed by the advanced message script that allows putting names and facesets in your windows, in that order.

Well, thanks in advance!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.