Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Armor HP + Damage loss

Greetings I'm looking to get a script made/found for RMVX that allows you to absorb a small amount of damage while the rest is taken to your armor, allow me to explain deeper.

Say for example your enemy has an attack power of 10, and you have a defense of 5. So you'd take about 5 damage out of that count(may not be exactly how RMVX counts it but for my example it will.) Now that other 5 damage is basically thrown out, gone and never used. Well I want to put it to use. I want that other 5 damage to go to your armor. My idea is that armor has a HP like rating going from 0 to 100%, showing a small bar just under the HP bar of the hero. Here's the catch though, when that bar completely depletes the attacks from the enemy do full damage, and no longer take your DEF into account. Now one would need to counter this as well thus certain items would be able to restore some of the armors HP so that it can be taken back into the damage count.

If you need more or I'm not clear enough, please just ask!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.