Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Applying elementals/states to a monsters normal attack [XP]

Monsters' basic attacks have elementals and can add states:
RMXP:
Detailed Description:
This is a request for a script that allows the designer to assign any number of elementals (and perhaps states) to a monsters normal attack. You know, the attack they use when they have the basic action Attack on their action list. (I'm pretty sure it's also the attack they use when they have a state that tells them to Always Attack Allies or Always Attack Enemies) As it stands, this basic attack is always non-elemental, not effected by any elemental defenses, even if you want a non-elemental Element. It's even worse if you want things like Blunt, Slash, and Pierce attributes, it won't apply to monsters normal attacks.
My idea how this would be set-up for the designer (the person using the script, not the person who made it) is to easily assign any number of Elements to a monsters basic attack based on the monsters ID.
-Example:
MonsterID[001] > ElementID[008]
MonsterID[090] > ElementID[001,002,003]

Based on that example, the first monster in the database would have a basic attack with the 8th element (Darkness by default) and the 90th monster would have a basic attack with the first 3 elements (Fire, Ice, and Thunder by default) I know it's probably harder to setup than that, but something similar to that would be easy for non-scripters to modify.

I mentioned States in the topic because that would be a nice addition too. It's not as important as the Element part, but I assume it would be setup the same way (but I'm not a scripter so I wouldn't really know)
Screen shots:
I don't know how this would help, but if necessary, I will try.
Other Scripts I am using (in order):
I really want this for several projects and I want it to be compatible with most other scripts. I don't know about any custom battle systems, it would be neat but it's not essential (at least not to me, I will use this with the default battle system)

Sorry if this has been done (I've searched with no results, but keep in mind I don't know exactly what to search for, I don't know what other people might call this)
Thanks in advance for any help.

My games are fairly simple overall and I use a fair bit of the default states (although with slightly different names and effects) and I will have at least two states that makes the enemies auto-attack, and when they do that they use their "normal attack" which is a completely non-elemental attack. Another problem is that I want them to have a normal damage attack, I haven't figured out how to make Skills do exactly as much damage as a normal attack would do.

Yes, I could fake it using Skills, but it wouldn't be quite the same. While I'm no scripter, I can't imagine it being that difficult for someone who knows what they are doing.

Thanks for trying to help though.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.