Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Another Script Request

Naira

I was wondering if a script existed that if you use a certain skill your max hp decreases or something like that o.O;;. It's for my new project so I really preciate if someone could do it for me. ^.^;;

And my english sucks I know >,>;;

Naira

I hope this doesn't consider a bump. But I wanted the skill to be used only at certain enemies. Like for example boss enemies. And when the actor uses the skill he will loose a certain percent of MAX HP not a certain number. If it was a certain number the skill would be more effective the higher lvl you are as you wouldn't loose anything with doing the skill.

Is it a possibility that someone can do this for me?

You don't need a script for this. Here is what you do (I don't have access to RMXP right now, so my wording in the examples may be a bit off and I can't use screenshots). First, open your database. Create a new State (status effect, like 'poison', 'knockout', etc.). You can name this state anything (I'll use Self-Damage: On, just as an example name). Set the Rating to 0 (this will keep the status hidden when your character is affected by it). Also, set it up to Release at End of Battle.

Create a new Common Event. To set up the percentages, use Set Variable [001]: Player X's MaxHP. (I will just use Variable 001 as an example). Now, just below that in the Common Event, use another Set Variable to multiply Variable 001 by whatever percentage you want to lower his MaxHP by. For example, if you want the skill to lower MaxHP by 25%, multiply Variable 001 by 25. Go to the next line in the Common Event and now divide Variable 001 by 100. This will give you a percentage.

For example: MaxHP = 100
100 x 25 = 2500
2500 / 100 = 25

25 is 25% of 100.

Next line in the Common Event, set a Conditional Branch: Player X (your character) is Self-Damage: On inflicted (or whatever your state name is). Now in the Conditional Branch, use Change Attributes to decrease MaxHP by Variable 001. Now you can also set up whatever else you wanted the skill to do.

Example of your Common Event:

@Set Variable 001: Player X's MaxHP
@Set Variable 001 *= 25
@Set Variable 001 /= 100
@Conditional Branch: Player X is Self-Damage: On inflicted
<>Change Attribute: Player X MaxHP -= Variable 001
<>Whatever else the skill is supposed to do
@Else:
<>
End Branch

Back in the database, create your skill and have it call this Common Event.

Now, in the database go to Troops. This is where you set up all of your boss battles, and at the very bottom is an Event handler. Select any boss battle you want this effect to be in. In the Event handler, you can select Turn 1 + 0 in the Conditions drop-down box (top of the event handler in the middle). The drop-down box in the upper right should default to Battle, which is good. Select "Battle" if it does not. Now, use State Change to inflict your status effect on your character.

So now, every time your character enters into the battle, the game will secretly hit them with your Self-Damage: On status. When you use your skill, it will first calculate the percentage of MaxHP your character will lose. Then, only if your character is inflicted with your Self-Damage status will he lose his health.

I hope this helps. Let me know if anything is unclear.

Naira

THank you so much for the information. ^.^ It helped me out a lot. However I can't get it to only work on the boss monsters. o.O;; The skill works on every monster o__O;;

Don't inflict the player with the Self-Damage: On status in your Common Event. Instead, go into your Troops tab in the database and select one of your bosses. Have it set so that on Turn 1 your character is inflicted with the status.

Also, make sure that the status is set up to Release at End of Battle, or else your character will carry over the status effect and can use the skill on any enemy they encounter after fighting the boss.

EDIT: I think I know what you mean, now. Try using the Change Skill option in your Troops section of the database. Go into each boss, and before you have it inflict your Self-Damage: On status, use Change Skill to give your player that skill. Then, after the boss fight, have an event on the map that Removes the skill. That way it will only be usable during the boss battle.

Also, make sure that the skill is set to something like Level 99 for it's learning requirement or is a skill for a different Job that you don't use. This will prevent your player from learning the skill when reaching a certain level.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.