Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

animation touch

so I was wondering if it was possible for someone to make me a script for a type of battle system thing...
basically what I want to do is like if an enemy can spit fire.. (I would make it so a fire animation plays) and if the player or any other event where to touch the fire than a switch would turn on and cause the damage to the ones who touched it... I would like it to work on any event that touches it.. like a conditional branch or something similar.. anyways... I dont know how hard this is to make or if its even possible.. and I tried to look for one myself but I had no idea on how to describe it... anyways.. thanks to anyone who helps out..

You mean you want a fireball that "explodes", making a radius that takes up a random amount of space and, if something touches the fire, they get damaged? You might be able to do this with variables, but I'm sure you want a scripted version of it. I don't blame ya ;)

yeah... thats basically what I was looking for it... and I have very little idea of how to do it with variables... and doing it with every attack would be a pain... but that wouldnt matter if I knew how to do it..

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.