Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Animation overlay fix for RMXP? [Fixed]

erilex

Yanfly's Core Fixes and Upgrades script fixes (among other things) a glitch in VX that results in animations that target the whole screen playing several times at once (as many as enemies are being targeted). It can be difficult to notice, but against large groups of enemies it becomes obvious that what looks like a single animation is actually multiple ones superimposed over each other.

This glitch is also present in RMXP:

1t3mle.jpg

The skill used in these screenshots is Radiate, a default RMXP skill that targets all enemies and uses an animation with its position set to "screen". In the left screenshot, it's being used against a single enemy. In the right one, it's being used against a group of five enemies. The left one looks alright. In the right one, the five redundant layers make it hard to see anything at all.

This apparently happens because setting the animation position to "screen" does nothing to prevent it from playing via the battlers. It merely changes the origin coordinates so that it plays at the center of the screen instead of at the center of the battler. Other than that, it works exactly as a "middle", "top" or "bottom" animation.

Unfortunately, I haven't found any fixes for the XP version of this glitch. If anyone knows of one, or is able to make one (YanFly's script might be useful in that regard as a reference of sorts, but being RGSS illiterate, I wouldn't know), I'll be very grateful.

Thanks for taking the time to read this request.

Nevermind, someone has helped me out with this already. Thanks anyway.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.