Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Animated Background

I found this video on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTg7Yy5vB3A

I love the animated background, I don't necessarily need someone to make me one, i'm part of a project with several artists on it (although if you might like to join you can pm me  :smile: ) I just want to know if it uses a different script of if it's just the background used for the battle... I guess what i'm asking is how to make it, not really if someone can  :smile:

This is a thread warning. Your post lacks information. What are you asking here? To make the background script or what? Be more clear. If it's the script you need then this is the compleatly wrong section. Please edit your post. Thanks ~Raven

ok, i was looking through the guy who posted it's youtube videos and he said in one of them that its a combination of "Moghunter's animated background" and "Cybersam's animated battler".... i'm not familiar with either of those but someone else may be, i tried to find the Moghunter's animated background from google but i'm not coming up with anything, anyone know where it is?

Animated Battle Background by 'RPG'

This script enables you to have animated battle backgrounds with the use of multiple frames.

Your animated battleback files should always end with two numbers, first is the total number of frames (ranging from 0 to 9) and the second is the current frame for this battleback (starting from 0 to total number - 1), so if you had 3 frames for some forest back you'd name the files:

forest30
forest31
forest32

That's all, the script will check the second number from the end of the string (total frames), if it's a number in range of 0 to 9 it'll update the battleback, change the number 20 in @delay = 20 to change the animation speed.

Add the following variables after @timer_sprite = Sprite_Timer.new in the initialize method of Spriteset_Battle (line 49):

@frame = 0
@frame_num = 1
@delay = 20
@old_fc = Graphics.frame_count

In the update method, under @battleback_name = $game_temp.battleback_name add:

frame_num = @battleback_name[@battleback_name.size-2].chr
@frame_num = (0..9).include?(@frame_num.to_i) ? @frame_num.to_i : 1

Finally, add the following if statement to the end of the update method (after @viewport4.update)

if @frame_num > 1 and Graphics.frame_count - @old_fc > @delay
@frame += 1
@frame %= @frame_num
@battleback_name[@battleback_name.size - 1] = @frame.to_s
@battleback_sprite.bitmap = RPG::Cache.battleback(@battleback_name)
@old_fc = Graphics.frame_count
end

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.