Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

An edit to move the camera position

Hi all.
I posted this in the RGSS support, but maybe it belongs here.
I would like a script that simply moves the players position to about 1/3 from the bottom, instead of being smack dab in the center of the screen (1/2 from the top and 1/2 from the bottom.) The desired effect would look something similar to the screen at the bottom.

As is, the player would normally be nestled between the right curly-cue on the house and the tree.

I need this because I am making a side view, and with the default camera, you just see too much ground and not enough of the fun stuff like whats in the sky!

Thanks in advance!
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/4348/screengk0.jpg[/img]

Ok don't worry, the platformer script makes the game like in the picture but makes you move left and right only that's the thing you want to change right? and if you say no you want to change the view of the camera it will be hard i think

Couldn't you just make the map with a bigger height, so even though the player is in the middle, it looks like they're on the ground? You could just add more sky to the top of the background to compensate for the bigger map. I mean, you're not going up above the ground(unless you jump), so the middle of the screen would be on the ground, where you'd walk.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.