Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

an age system?

i want an age system where your character as your character spend his/her time in the game he/she ages but i also need this in the script a command that
doesn't start the aging until a call script command is triggered

example:

character is in training
character age: 14

trains for melee,magic and ranged

*movie scene (unrelated)
ages to 18

trains for advanced melee,magic and ranged
done training
*movie scene(unrelated)
Start aging process

By the sounds of this, it can be done fairly easily with events, particularly as you want it to be called, rather than constant. You also failed to state any effecst of this aging, would a varibale (his age) just rise and that's it or would the appearance need to "evolve"?

For the 'aging process' in general, you could use the day/night script to track the days spent. And Sephiroth Spawn made a Virtual Database script that could allow you to edit the actor's stats

Yeah, this is easily done with events. You could use it as classes, like have loads of classes (1-99 for example, 99 being the oldest you can get) and have each one be a different age. Get me? Like,...

001: 1 Year Old
002: 2 Years Old
003: 3 Years Old
etc etc...

and when you want them to age, in the event just use Change Actor Class... . Fairly easy I tink :D:D:D

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.