Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Am trying to find an old War of the Worlds-esque story...

I once read a story, which I believe to have been a translation from either French or German, and am trying to find it - but am not getting appropriate hits on Google. I was wondering if anyone who happens to glance at this topic! ;P

It was a sequel to H.G. Well's War of the Worlds in which the Earth is invaded again by the Martians, but Earth is helped by another species of aliens who assist us, and obliterate Mars with a big solar mirror. Unfortunately the Communists have conquered the planet in the confusion. Furthermore, our planet is revealed as the place in which Martian souls generally get reincarnated, reversing the dynamic of the John Carter stories and it's sequels.

It's a real Pulp, written before the late 1930s, and exists in the manner of Pulps such as "Edison's Conquest of Mars."

Anyone around here know what I'm talking about? :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.