Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Alchemy

This is a simple request I think...

Basically, I want it so that when I cast x spell, you choose an item to cast it on and then it removes that item from you and replaces it with a percentage of the amount you'd have got if you sold it to the shop.

So, for example:

I cast Alchemy on Silver Plate. Silver plate normally sells to a shop for 1,000 gp.

The silver plate is removed, a sound effect is played, and it is replaced with 800 gp (80%).

Thanks if you can help.

SHUT UP EVENTERS!!! IT WOULD REQUIRE WAY TOO MUCH WORK. LOL

If it can be done easily, anyone want to compare systems?

I don't mean to be an ass, but there's so many Script Request topics with "It can be done with events" posts, and yet, no one can seem to put an event system together for the request. That would be me going into every single General Support topic that asks to do something with events and me saying "It can be done with scripts" without posting any of the scripts to do it. POINTLESS

I will have your request up in a few hours. Just need time to get settled in from work.

Thanks =)

And iCheeze... I just answered that in the post above yours. It would take too much time, it would lag more as it has to process unesseccary stuff with the Interpreter, it would most likely use uneccessary global variables such as game_variables - using up resources, it would close Scene_Skill so would look unprof, and you can't get shop prices with events.

O.o Variables...You just gotta use out-of-the-box thinking + Trial and Error...Thats how i became so god-like with events...And everything that I make never really lags...And I have a snoopid comp. >> You just want a script cause your lazy..Heh heh heh. j/k. I will let you be. -twirls his mustash again and runs off- Mwa!

I didn't say it would be made with variables, I said it would probably use variables. I know how I could do this with events:

-Magic: common event when used
-In common event: remove item, add x gold
(This would close Scene_Magic)

But there is no way in events, to a. set the "x" number, and b. set this number to 80% of the shop sell price.

There's also no way to select the item to cast it on this way.

(Before you start "dissing" my eventing iCheeze, 90% of the systems in my game are events. Fatigue, levellable classes, skills such as fishing, mining, archaeology, etc).

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.