Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Advanced turnbased battle commands [Please read]

Could somebody tell me where I can find a script [or make me one] That can do theese battle based commands? [With no sideview stuff, just the orginal battle system]

Skills:
1. Moves that Heal the user for a % of damage done.
2. A move that hits all enemies, and splits a % of the damage done between allies.

States:
1. A state that slowly heals [like slip damage, but instead heals a % of the target's max hp]
2. A state that when the user is hit, any physical OR magic attacks are "Countered" Inflicting damage on the target. [For skills that hit all enemies, the damage is only countered on the user, not all enemies]
3. A state that absorbs xxxx damage before it breaks.

Tips if you wanna make it: [I'm not a scripter, but based on what i've seen, theese would probably work]
You probably could do it by putting [xxxxx] After skills and states, making the skill/state do the something above.
As for the text, you probably could use the stuff on the troop [Script: Blah blah blah [Insert message here]
As for characters taking damage, maybe you could change things in the script, like making the character's ID change the battler for xx frames when attacked.

If anybody could find or make a script like this, it would greatly help me and the rest of the community. My demands are a little high, I know. But this would probably help other game makers too, so if you're going to make the script, I'd greatly appreciate it. :thumb:

EDIT:
Found a way around some of the commands.

Regen isn't working 'cause you aren't supposed to use it above MAIN... I'll translate the instructions for you:

Copy this code to the "Scene_Battle 2" class, inside "def start_phase2", directly below the line "$game_party.clear_actions". On a standard setup, Scene_Battle 2" is line 55.

Also, make sure that Death removes the Regen state.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.