Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Advanced Message Script Add-Ons

I had a great idea for saving space in message boxes. I always have to use commands like face graphics and name boxes in the Advanced Message Script, and it takes up the whole first line. So, here's my idea…

Let's say there are two variables. Variable #1 contains the filename of the face graphic used by the next character who speaks. Variable #2 contains the name of the next character who speaks.

The script will be set to automatically display message boxes with the following:

Code:
\F[\V[1]]\Name[\V[2]]

If variable 1's value is 0, then no face graphic would be displayed. If variable 2's value is 0, then no name box would be displayed. That way, you could have face graphics and nameboxes and still use all four lines of the text event. Is this script possible?

Right. But, whether there are three or four, I still end up using up an entire line with text commands. A script to solve this would be greatly appreciated by more than just me, I'm sure…

Edit: Just as a security measure, I want to point out that I do use RMXP legally.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.