Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Advanced Debug System

Introduction

This is a kickass Debug script I wrote a long time ago, I don't think I ever submitted it I'm sorry for holding it back. Other than setting just Switches and Variables, you can set Local Switches and various other things. The only feature I haven't applied to it is map settings (because I'm too lazy right now), but I'll go ahead and set that up later maybe when I'm not busy.

Requirements

SDK 2.0 or higher
Aleworks ALibrary
RGSS.RTP

Screenshots

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd288/Kain_Nobel/AdvDebugSyst.png[/img]

Script

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a721 ... b9a8902bda

Author's Notes

You don't have to credit me unless for some odd reason people can use the Debug menu in the actual release of your game :P

can you make a non SDK version too???
Because SDK bites with my Battle System, my Lightmap System and my Menüs...

If someone can implement some of RPG Advocate's debugger function(too bad that phylomortis.com is gone), it would be better.  ;)

It prettymuch overwrites Scene_Debug for SDK anyway, I just wrote it based off the SDK::Scene_Base portion in Part I of the SDK so unless you don't/can't use Part I then thats all you need for this to work.

I'll go ahead and modify it for non-SDK, its really just the Scene main/update methods that'll need to be altered really everything else should be fine. I'll go ahead and post a non-SDK scene for it later today. Still need to implement Map Debugging (setting screen tones, weather), maybe add a Party editor and I'll probably move/change a couple items later if I'm not lazy :P

I get an error: "clear_rect" for bitmap class not defined. Do you forgot to add it, or another script? And also, after adding that method, I get an error of "failing to create bitmap" because it is created with 0 pixels height.

Also, regarding "RGSS.RTP", you are using my library for something I also include in my library:
Code:
Aleworks::API::RGSSGetPathWithRTP.call(Aleworks::API::RGSSGetRTPPath.cal(1))
I have a method for it, but it has a syntax error, it just felt an "l", so you can use the code above.

And also:
Code:
module GameINI
  def self.read(entry)
    File.open("Game.ini").each{ |row|
    if row =~ Regexp.new("^" + entry + "=.*$")
      str = (row.scan(Regexp.new("^" + entry + "=(.*)$"))[0]).to_s
      return str == "" ? '(none)' : str
    end
    }
    File.close("Game.ini")
  end
end
Is provided in my library, in the "Aleworks::Ini" class. For example:
Code:
Aleworks::Ini.get_string("Title")

However, nice work, but it has toooooo many errors.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.