Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Advanced Crafting/Alchemy

Hey there, I'd like to request a script (over a long time ^^,)
I'd like an edit of Deke's Crafting system which is found in the SDK test bed.

Here are the details:

Each time you craft something, you gain crafting experience. When you have 100% of exp, a new recipe will automatically be added to your recipe list. For example, Potion of Proof lv.1
Now, the crafting will have 10 levels. To advance to the next level you need to craft the Proof item (which will have a lower success rate as the normal items, and a higher exp loss when failing.) You cannot delevel when you have 0% exp and fail an item though.
So, let's say you have 100% of exp in level 1. You will recieve the recipe of Potion of Proof lv.1
Once you succeed to craft it you will advance to Crafting Level 2 and the Potion of Proof's recipe will disappear. Once you have 100% in Level 2, a new proof item (Potion of Proof lv.2) will appear. And so on...
Ingame (atleast in mine) the recipes will be learned trough items.
It should also be able to specify which certain recipes can be learned at certain Craft Level.
When you're trying to learn a lvl 2 item recipe at lvl 1 for example, it will display a message
'Unable to learn recipe. Your Craft Level is too low!'

So the items to craft should be more customizable, that you can set the Exp gain when the item is crafted, the success rate and Failing exp loss.
For example:
-------------------
Health Potion. Craft success rate 99%. When Succeed - exp gain 500 EXP. When Fail - exp loss 250 EXP. Level of craft needed to learn this recipe - 1.
-------------------

Also, how much exp a certain level needs.
For example.
-------------------
Level 1 > 2 [1000 EXP]
Level 2 > 3 [2000 EXP]
Level 3 > 4 [3000 EXP]
And so on... Up to level 10.
-------------------

That's about all.
The layout of the crafting window is up to you. All it should show more, is the Crafting level, exp in % and also in numbers. Recipes learned ?/?? Of current level. Recipes learned ?/??? in total.

Here's a list version, maybe it's easier to view:
Code:
-Item customizables. Craft success rate, When Succeed - craft exp gain, When Fail - craft exp loss, Level of craft needed to learn this items recipe.
-Craft levels 1-10
-When 100% of level X, you will learn Proof item recipe.
-When Proof item succeeded to craft, you will advance to the next level. (proof recipe will disappear)
-Certain recipes can be learned at certain (craft) levels.

I hope I didn't miss anything. I tried to be as detailed as possible.
Thanks in advance to anyone who takes this. I really appreciate it. :#
If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.