Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Addon to Mr.Mo's SBABS

This is a request for an addon for this battle system: http://www.rmxp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19797

What do I need?

Basically, when you attack the enemy, it animates the player.

If you are facing left:
-Changes your graphic to the second one on the second row
-At the same time shows icon "#{@actor.weapon_id}" + "1"
-Waits 4 frames
-Changes your graphic to the last one on the second row
-At the same time shows icon "#{@actor.weapon_id}" + "2"
-Waits 4 frames
-Changes your graphic to the first on the second row
-Deletes the icon

If you are facing right:
-Changes your graphic to the second one on the third row
-At the same time shows icon "#{@actor.weapon_id}" + "2"
-Waits 4 frames
-Changes your graphic to the last one on the third row
-At the same time shows icon "#{@actor.weapon_id}" + "1"
-Waits 4 frames
-Changes your graphic to the first on the third row
-Deletes the icon

If you are facing up:
-Changes your graphic to the second on the last row
-Waits 4 frames
-Changes your graphic to the last on the last row
-Waits 4 frames
-Changes your graphic to the first on the last row

If you are facing down:
-Changes your graphic to the second on the first row
-Waits 4 frames
-Changes your graphic to the last on the first row
-Waits 4 frames
-Changes your graphic to the first on the first row

What does this do?

It gives the impression that the player is animated when actually the only new graphic that needs to be created is one icon file (which can be flipped and then saved as two different files).

An example gif:

(Sorry for the poor quality)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/ ... word-1.gif[/IMG]

I don't think this should be too hard to do. I had a go myself but couldn't do it, I don't generally do character movements much.

When I say "changes your graphic" what I mean is changes your... direction? Not the actual graphic.

This is for a commercial game though I have no money to offer at the moment. I will give credit.

Please if you do this alias all methods you use, for compatability. :)

This script might be useful.
It does a similar thing, though I can't make heads or tails of it.

http://www.rmxp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9886

The ABS already has an animation feature, if you really want something that is gonna be two frames long, make a duplicate of the attack animation on the sprite frame. This defeats the purpose of him creating that feature in the first place. If you were asking to extend it to use an 8x8 frame sprite sheet, THEN i could see use for something extra, otherwise this is a waste of time because it already exists in a different way.

Yes, but as I am using Visual Equipment amongst other scripts it becomes a hell of a lot of things to make. I'd have to make attack animations for every equipment type, body type, hair type, etc, and one of those for each weapon in the game.

I had a look at the XAS, and from the look of the Characters folder, the sprites are all new images with the weapons already on.

A side note, this needs to be Visual Equipment compatable. I don't have a VE script yet so I'll just make the VE script compatable with this instead of the other way around. But it should be compatable, as all that's done is changing the position of the character and adding an icon.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.