Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Addition of Non-Interactive Enemies in Troops (explained inside)

Hey guys, how's it going?

I'd like to request a script which allows the adding of special enemies to Troops which can neither interact nor with them be interacted. It would also require that the game ignores these non-interactive enemies when assessing whether a battle is finished (if it didn't, obviosly a battle would go on infinitely).

My main motive in asking for this is, with such a script combined with ccoa's CBS (or any CBS involving animation), it would be possible to add animated props to battles. That'd be kinda cool, wouldn't it? Or is it a stupid idea?
Anyway, hopefully I made myself understandable.

And to any scripters reading this, please consider it (if it's possible). Thanks alot.

I scripted something similar for my BT game a little while ago. Here's that part of the code:

Code:
SG_Props = [44]

class Game_Battler
  alias sg_props_exist? exist?
  def exist?
    if self.is_a?(Game_Enemy) && SG_Props.include?(self.id)
      return false
    end
    return sg_props_exist?
  end
end

Enemy id's go up top, where the 44 is. [1,2,3,4] etc. Test it out, no idea if it works with some of the CBS out there (does with DBS).

edit: Removed part saying it might still show attack animations, silly me for testing with "Mass Darkness" :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.