Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Adding a Buff Status before a Skill

What I am asking for is a character gets a buff before using a skill
(Example: Using a Skill call Power Slash it add Sharp state on self 1st before the strike to an enemy.) I also want this to buff a targeted ally too like sharpen Hero#1 and Hero #3 before the Skill strike"If not its fine". Eventing will not work because Force Action is too random when it come to targeting. and I can only add buff after a skill.

This is the CBS I am using
http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=11443.0

This is the last script I need for my Battle system to be finished

Couldn't you use one of those dynamic skill effects scripts to do this? You might be able to but I'm not sure...look into it though.

Also, you should specify whether you want the Sharp status to end after the attack is finished or not.

Edit: You made this thread on my berfday :P

No, sry :(. I think one was called like...Trickster's Bag of Skill effects or something...I dunno if that's the real dynamic one or not. I think the really dynamic one was one by Seph...sry I can't help you more.

dude...

C-O-M-M-O-N-E-V-E-N-T-S

You go to Database and create the state you want to have including how many turns will it take... and then go to common events and add the command change state and select whoever you want to change....

Go back to database and add that common event to the skill and you're finished... easy stuff....

Well try being more helpful beside saying it done with commen Event which is not working for me because I want BEFORE the skill strikes and Commen event Give the player State AFTER the skill finish striking the enemy.

btw I already did that Commen Event before I even made this Topic

PINEDAXP, I tried the common event route out, the state IS added AFTER the skill is performed. So you should probably fall back and calm down.

Now Jimmyly, have you tried Tricktser's Passive Effects script? I've been messing wth it, trying to produce a skill similar to what you've described, but I haven't been successful yet. But considering the effects some of the skills have in the demo for the script, I'd say it's possible to make it. Why not give it a go if you haven't already. I'm not very script savvy yet, so you may have better luck than I.

http://www.rmxp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9411

Seriously people... make a common event call it "skill"

Inside this common event you put

1-Add state
2-Perform skill (whatever skill you want)
3-Remove state

create a new skill that calls the common event

In short, two skills and 1 common event

get it?

Maybe I'm not explaining myself very well...

I'll make a demo on this... ::)

I already thought of this far ahead of you already PINEAXP. Force Action will force character No. not character names since my game you can control character orders formations. I will say this again "Commen Events is not going to work period!" this will mess up the skill order of characters trust me I dont have to do it to see it.

here is what your commen event do "example"

Slash stirke is MAIN Hero 1 skill but he is in the 3rd row formation oops my magic caster with the staff used Slash Strike since i used Force Action Actor NO.1 and my spellcaster is in the 1 row formation. my game can alter formations.

and yes I did try the passive Scripts already.

thx for trying skie you too PINEDAXP even tho you make me sound like a I don't know how to use commen event.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.