Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Adding a background to the menu?

I know this isn't much of a script request, but I'm not really sure how to do this. I want to have an image in the background of the menu. I dont like the plain black I'm also using a CMS, which is Kiamnior's CMS. If you need to see the script, then I'll put it in. But if someone can tell me how to do this, i would greatly appriciate it :)

Just make the following changes :

Code:
# Below def main, add
@background_sprite = Sprite.new
@background_sprite.bitmap = RPG::Cache.picture('filename')

# Below Graphics.freeze, add
@background_sprite.dispose

That should more or less add a background image. Replace filename with the files filename and put it in your pictures folder.

If that doesn't work, post the code.

Alright, thanks.

It works. Thank you for your time :)

Edit: Another little resquest. Im also using a custom equipment screen. Multi-slot equipment script by Guillaume777, but im not sure if it allows to show all of the parameters. I looked through the script, got really confused at some parts, and was wondering if anyone could help me and tell me if it can, and if it can, how to do it. (sorry, im pretty new to scripting, all ive ever really done with it is make a small edit to the saving part of the game where it allows it to save to external device.) Thanks if anyone can help me.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.