Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

ADB (Active Dimension Battle) Request

Well, I was thinking if there was a script for the battle system in Final Fantasy XII. I tried searching it from everywhere, but nothing was found. And due to my poor scripting skills (I can barely change the font of my game), I couldn't make one myself and I don't have patience or time to learn RGSS.:D For those, who haven't played FFXII, I'll try to describe it. The system in Final Fantasy XII, the ADB, is quite like a common SBABS (Squad-Based Action Battle System). Yes, Final Fantasy XII is 3D, but this CBS should be rendered to 2D. Read more about it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XII
Read the ''Battle System'' paragraph over there. The Gambit system should also be included.:yes: I would have included mock-ups of the system, but I don't have any other graphics program than the lousy Paint. I'm sure I won't be the only one to use the script.:)

PS. Respect for everybody who even try.

Mars

K I'll describe it a better way..
The systemwas origionaly made in FFXI so it wasn't an all new battlew system like square claimed.

Anyway here it is..

You see a monster, and target it then click on (Or select) attack.
The player will walk up to it and will start auto-attacking at a rate depending on his/her eqquipped weapon. The enemy will also start attacking..

You will be allowed to go through a menu, to click "item", "skill", etc, while still autoattacking.
It'd be pretty good to play, but I feel that if it is made, it might be too comlicated to make a game with longer quests, and a deep storyline...

It's an ABS system, with the traditional time based system to take turns and such. Think RTAB meets ABS. (FFXII did a rather decent job with this, but the gambits could have been a butt load better IMO)

I was planning on making a FF12 Starter kit myself, but due to time restraints and lack of support (graphics and such), I won't be able to do this quite yet. However, if anyone does want to take this request, I wouldn't mind sharing some thoughts with them on the battle system itself.

Mr. Vottahek, Remember that this is an EXTREME task and that most people who would make this would do it of their own accord, and not by a script request... Sorry to dampen your spirits but tis' true...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.