Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Active Scene Swap

Script Title: Active Scene Swap

RMXP or RMVX: RMXP

Detailed Description:
I'm having trouble trying to overlay an active map scene on top of a paused map scene. (Could this be possible within a window?) The screenshot will better illustrate this. I would like to revert back to the unchanged/paused scene after firing a few event commands in the active one.

Basically, I just want to transition back and forth between a normal map scene and the GTBS without resetting the battle.

If anyone has any ideas on how to do this please let me know and I will definitely give credit when this gets finished & be very appreciative.

Screen shots:
view-pic-img.html

Other Scripts I am using (in order):
GTBS (Tactical Battle System)
Blizz-ABS

Hmmmmm, setting up the battle so it 'looks' like the map is paused in the background is pretty easy. Same way you'd put the map as the background for a menu scene. But to be able to switch back & forth I think you would need to merge scene_map & scene_battle so battle is part of the map scene. Lots of work.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.