Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

action man's Music

Hey,

Figured I'd end up posting this here eventually.
I've been composing pretty much all my life, but really just figured out how to record the music on my PC (using a keyboard and MIDI-USB device). I haven't completed much yet (two sketches of a sort, and one completed song that could use some touching up) but I'm thinking I'll be recording more as I go on. I seem to be getting the hang of it now.
Anyways, I made a Tindeck: http://tindeck.com/users/action+man
There I've got three tracks... I'm not sure how to embed them, so you'll have to go there for now.

Input on where I could go with these tracks would be great.

I also have a few questions...

I'm looking for a good way to get some percussion sounds recorded. Also I want to record my accordion playing. All I have right now is a cheap live microphone. Will this do?

Thanks
-action man

Heh, that melody of fields (the higher one) reminds me of something from zelda.
( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkWcUtga1lw 3:50 in this vid)

it's pretty cool though, the piano could use some work in the 'you think you won' piece
could it be that you experienced some delay between the key pressed and the sound?

also i've never recorded sound, so i can't help you with that.
I can say though that there's a huge difference between 'a cheap live microphone' and a very expensive microphone combined with a great acoustic room. There's also a huge gap in pricing though, so I'd suggest trying to record some decent stuff, and see how it works out..

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.