Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

A tool system and good morph system (Morph Solved). Anyone can lend a hand?

cairn

Hello there everyone. As I was making 1 or 2 more maps for my game, I just realize that something to add some more action and possibilities of puzzles to the game was missing. The standard rmxp features are useful, but I need something more, to add a strong base for more puzzles.
For some reference, you can look at the Wild Arms series, or Lufia 2, both have amazing tool systems. For those that did not play neither of those two titles I'll try to describe the best as I can the game.

Wild Arms series (1,2,3 and Alter code F)
Each character has a limited amount of possible tools used through the whole game to proceed in the story of the game as well as do great part of the optional content of the game. The tool selection is made by a window when you press a button. Small windows will appear, each one for one character of the game that has different tools.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x269/GomesCairn/Lufia_Tool.jpg[/img]
Only the main character of the game has the tools. The tool selection is like the ring menu. You don't go to the equipment, item, status menu, etc... you have a ring in which the tools are displayed. When you select the tool, it will be equipped and your character will use that tool when you press a certain button. Also, you don't start with all the tools, you get them through the course of the game.

Well, those are the descriptions of 2 different, yet similar, tool systems. I hope that anyone here in our community can lend me a hand. You can either PM me the script, or post it here. Or if there is a script like that (not the XAS battle system), please excuse me but I didn't find it. Thanks in advance. Cya.

Little edit: To be more specific, I would like a few tools to work like a rope, to move from one place to another via some pole or something like that; a bomb like tool, a sword like tool, and the other ones options, you (scripter) can choose :D.

Another edit: I was scooping around some of my old games in search of other good systems and came across one of my advanced save files of (again) Wild Arms 2. In it, the main character has a special skill that allows him to morph during battle and get an increase of his stats until he uses 1 of the 2 most powerful skills that he has, or when the battle ends, he transforms back to the character's condition (except the HP) before he morphed. This system would make some of my ideas actually be able to come to life, and open the doors for a lot more of strategy needed by the player. Thank you once more for your patience.

I have uploaded a demo with all the scripts that I'm using. You can download it here

um? i'm not sure if this is what you mean, but i can tell you how to give different equipment different extra abilities (like for instance, i am making a game where a "glove of distraction" can be worn by a certain character, and when worn, it can destroy a bolder or pillar in front of the character.

is that what you want? (if it is, just tell me and i'll post the script, it's actually a really easy event)

cairn

any help is welcome :D. If you could send the script I'll check it out and see if it would fit my needs. But if anyone still wants to give it a shot, feel free to post here.

Nachos

Sponsor

cairn":dooplnxb said:
Another edit: I was scooping around some of my old games in search of other good systems and came across one of my advanced save files of (again) Wild Arms 2. In it, the main character has a special skill that allows him to morph during battle and get an increase of his stats until he uses 1 of the 2 most powerful skills that he has, or when the battle ends, he transforms back to the character's condition (except the HP) before he morphed. This system would make some of my ideas actually be able to come to life, and open the doors for a lot more of strategy needed by the player. Thank you once more for your patience.

I made that with common events for a BoF IV  fan game,,

cairn

RENEGADEOFBMX: I came up with an evented system some time ago for the morph, but as it seems, it will screw up Minkoff's Animated Battlers.
And ratke gave a lil start to whoever is willing to try to script this, I have searched the internet a lot of times, and I always get led to a bunch of useless sites -.-'.

Ratke

cairn":3sw5mtkm said:
RENEGADEOFBMX: I came up with an evented system some time ago for the morph, but as it seems, it will screw up Minkoff's Animated Battlers.
And ratke gave a lil start to whoever is willing to try to script this, I have searched the internet a lot of times, and I always get led to a bunch of useless sites -.-'.

mini bumpie

i tried myself but i get very confused @_@
but yet i dont know really much about scripting :3

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.