Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

A script that allows you to set a percent chance of a skill giving a state

I've got another script I need, I checked the skill related section in the forum lists, but didnt see anything that would work well, so if there is actually a script out there that I over looked or isnt in the script archive lists, please direct me to it :).

Alright, what I'm needing now is a script that will let me set the percentage of a skill creating a state in it's target. Instead of having it un-settable, I was wanting to be able to input the exact percentage of the chance of that skill inflicting each state on it's targets.

For example:
I have a skill called Fire that has a chance of causing the state Burn on it's target. Instead of not being able to set the chances of the state being inflicted, i would be able to set an exact percent (1%-100%) that acts like the Hit Rate (for the skill), except instead of for hitting or missing, it determines the chances of the spell Fire creating the state Burn.

Hopefully that's not too confusing, I have a way of making things sound waay more confusing than they actually are ':|

Please and Thank you!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.