Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

A REAL Challenge for the really GOOD scripters...

Hmm... caught your attention? Well... here it is... my Challenge:

Do you remember the Esper system in FF6? (FF3 for SNES)
You'd equip an Esper and learn their skills... but WAIT there's more... If you earn enough points while they're equiped... you learned that skill regardless of if they were still equipped!

If anyone feels like tackling this one... good luck. Oh and anyone who can figure it out is... Wow... that's all I have to say.

Good luck.
;)

A major part of the esper system has been achieved and the ap acquisition is working. It isn't displayed at the end of the battle but it's working. There's still a few bugs but unless you want to finish it yourself, don't use the script in FFVI SDK 1.8.3. I'm rewriting the SDK and the esper system will be working perfectly in version 2.0.

My apologizes... I didn't know there was already one! Hah... A bit embarrassing... I just thought... "Hey... that'd be cool!" I must've gotten carried away and forgot to search it... thank you for correcting my mistake!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.