Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

A fully functional 8 member Menu system

I'm looking for a fully functional menu system that can work for 8 members. I am only going to have 8 possible party members in my game at a time, so it would be nice if maybe it could be set up specifically for 8 (but could also work for as little as 1).

By fully functional, this is what I mean:

-Must be able to use items on all 8 members
-Go to all members' equipment menus
-Access all members' status menus
-...You get it by now

But I only want 4 members to be in the "active party" at a time, meaning there can only be 4 members in battle. And there would need to be a way to easily switch the party members.

It would also be nice (but not required) if I could get a mod to show each character's AP (each member's AP is held as a value in their individual variable).

I'm using RTAB, so that could probably cause some kind of problems. I also don't want the player to be able to switch party members in battle.

It would be great if it could just use the Add and Remove Member event commands, but I wouldn't mind doing a little call script thing whenever I wanted to add or remove a member.

There are one or two points in the game where you would lose a party member but get him back later...so it would have to be able to retain all of their info even when they leave (i.e. not add them with initial stats when you re-add them).

I know I saw some large party scripts, but for some reason I couldn't find them. Also, I'm sure that they would conflict with RTAB and stuff. So if anyone could do this for me, or point me to the right script, I would really appreciate it.

Plsthx ^_^!

Thx a lot, Baniff! I had used this once, but then I got Mog's menus...but now that I don't have Mog's menus anymore I had forgotten about this lol.

The only problems are that I can't get it to work right with RTAB (it either gives an error or there's more than 4 members in the battle party). Also I can't get it so that I can lock the main character of my game in place without getting an error.

I posted my problems in the script thread, but if anyone here knows how to help out that would be great.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.