Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

A Fire Emblem Script

Whew, I know there have been many requests for one of these (trust I've searched a TON), but if someone would make one, or provide a link for me... that would be great. Can someone help me out?

^_^

Luckily, I know Advance Wars. I would assume that:
It is a tactics-based strategic turn-based battle system in which you move your groupings of units against an opponent on the other side of a map wherein lies your bases which replenish damaged units resting on that square, and provides funds. Neutral bases would be more in the central area. Then enemy bases on the other side. You have different kinds of terrain like Grass, Road, Base, Mountain, Forest which provide different kinds of cover. You can also have effects like fog of war that prevent you from seeing things too far away. The match ends when one player captures his opponents base. Heh, that's the gist of the Advance Wars battle system.

Nava

yes but in fire emblem there is no capturing the enemies base its usually defeating all of the enemies, or surviving a certain number of turns. and some time it takes just beating one boss that you have to kill like 50 guys trying to get to, anbd you dont move in squads, its all the people in your party you can see on the map, and you move them individually a certain number of spaces decided by there movement points. i don thin ki need to explain the fighting but if need be i shall.

Nava

yes the attack system is you choose who your attacking as long as they are within range of your movement and/or within your attck range. when you select who to attck you get to select with which weapon your going to do so with, and then a scene commences, which shows your attacking character and the enemy doing their alloted attacks. most of the time the human char does 2 strikes and the enemy one that how it always happened in mine ne ways. after the battle if the enemies life points were depleted, they dissapear off the map if not they stay (obviously) after you move all of your characters or if you choose to end you turn, the enemy moves what it chooses to, and attacks who it wants to, within the same limitations as the human players, and this process repeats until the goal is reached. this is how the battle system works in generality. there are a few other things like weapons kan only be used so many times before they break, and magic can only be used a certain number of times before it disappears. one of the key points i forgot is that you CANNOT attack without a weapon. thats pretty much it if i think of ne thing else that might be needed for this request ill definitly post it seeing as how i think this is a very good script request i would like to see the finished product if its made
-Nava

hmm..i know about Fire Emblem (for those of you who can't tell by my name, my name is the same as that of one of the main characters in Fire Emblem 7: Blazing Sword)..

Fire Emblem is a type of game that is a turn based strategy, similar to FFTA but you can have as few as 1 unit on the field or as many as 14. Movement is dependent on turn and points in Movement. All stats are based on a thing called a "RNG" or Random Number Generator. The game is based on chapters, each chapter being a different map. Max level is 20, but promotions reduce level back to 1 without any stat loss. This allows a max level of 40 for some units, but each class only gets one promotion. Experience needed for level ups is always 100, but defeating a lower level or unpromoted foe gives less experience than defeating a higher level or a promoted foe. All items and weapons have limited uses, with each successful hit draining a use. Criticals cause triple the damage intended. Better weapons and spells generally have less uses than the lower grade stuff. Classes determine equippable items. Wieldable weapons are determined also by weapon levels. A Cavalier, for instance, can equip lances and swords. His rank in Swords is B rank. He can equip a Brave Sword easily, but he cant wield a Silver Sword because the Silver Sword is A rank, and current Sword Rank is B. Damage caused is determined by a very simple thing, the attack you have is subtracted from the enemy defense level. Example would be an attack of 14 versus a defense of 5. 9 damage would be inflicted. If the enemy defense is equal or greater than your attack, you will cause no harm to the foe. Spells follow a similar rule, in that attack from magic is subtracted from Resistance to determine damage. there is a spell that will ignore resistance, called Luna, which allows full damage to be caused. There are also things that determine hit accuracy and critical chance. Characters for your team are either added automatically, or you have to have specific characters chat to them. Fights take place when you choose the attack command on a foe. Also there is a thing that can determine number of hits on a foe. Brave weapons double normal number of attacks, allowing 4 hits in a fight. also, normal max HP for a character is 60. Enemies have to follow the same rule you do in combat, meaning that their stats (excluding bosses) are determined by RNGs. Attack range is determined by weapons. A character with a javelin can attack within 1-2 spaces, but if that same person attacked someone who wields an iron sword, the iron sword wielder would counterattack if he/she was in a 1 square range. If it was a 2 square distance, the sword wielder would not attack because an iron sword only has a 1 square range. Diagonals count as 2 squares away from a target. Archers cannot attack anything within 1 square of themselves.

I would describe fire emblem as...
A turn-based rpg strategy game, where your characters have movement rates they can use on each turn. They have 'stats' such as health, etc. The 'levels' in the game are known as chapters. It is placed in medieval times, and weapons have uses that determine how many times they can be used before they break. I can't really think of much else, except that the characters only hit once or twice per turn, depending on their speed and/or special abilities. Also, the health stat is 'low' with few characters exceeding 50.
EDIT: I posted this without noticing the second page. LordEliwood covered about everything about fire emblem.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.