Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[$50 reward] Light Effects Script (VXAce -> XP)

Terv

Hey,

I recently found a quite decent light effects script for VX Ace and (after two failed attempts by me) am looking for someone that is able to port it to XP.

As far as I can tell the script is hard to adopt by no means as it contains little Ace-specific code. It's more some of the changes in Game_Map which made my efforts throw up errors.

As I don't have much more to offer than a warm thank-you and a credits entry otherwise, I also offer a payment of 50$ for this one. PayPal, Moneybookers, Amazon wishlist, wire transfer, gift coupon - name it.

Please PM me or post in this thread when you decide to take a look.

Happy new year,
Terv

I'd love to take a look, as I'm in need of a good light script for XP as well, but my antivirus is throwing a warning when I download your zip. Do you mind posting the scripts here or as a .rar instead?

Terv

Hey regi,
This is probably either because I use a .tk domain or a shared offshore server. Be assured that the file itself contains the official trial of the script plus necessary RTP files integrated only.
Here's an upload of the same file on a more neutral host:

http://ubuntuone.com/0JJry3R4qk2AWc2RlFq7Eo

The script is really pure eye-candy and adds a lot of realism to the graphics. It's by far the best light script I have come accross on any RM.

Hot damn, that does looks pretty incredible.
No promises I can port it over-- I've little prior experience with VXAce, but I'll try my best!

EDIT: sorry to bother again, but VXAce is not cooperating with my system, and I'd rather not spend hours trying to install it. Any chance I could just get the light script in a .txt file, like you did with Game_Map and Game_Event?

Going to apologize in advance for the expected delay. I've made a little bit of progress but still need to get used to all the differences between RGSS and RGSS3. If anyone more experienced is interested in taking the job, I'd gladly hand it to them (I'm less interested in the reward than the end result), but otherwise I'll do my best to figure it out within the next week or so!

I'm going to have to give up on this one-- sorry! I've modified some the syntax so that there are no compatibility bugs upon running the game... but unfortunately the lights don't seem to show up, either. At this point, I really don't have enough knowledge of RGSS3 to continue.

I'd be happy to provide you with what I have so far, but I'm really sorry I couldn't do more. Hopefully someone else will pick up and finish this bad boy!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.