Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

2-D verion of the hex battle system

The strategic hex battle system of Wild Arms 4 was beautiful! However, it is in 3-d!
I believe that it is possible to implement the hex battle sys in a 2-D game. Therefore, i ask earnestly for someone':|(anyone) to make this battle system!
I have painstakingly examined the rules for requests and now I will proceed with the details.

1.Basically, there are 7 hexagons that are linked together 3 on one side, 3 on the other, 1 in the middle. If you are on the outer hexagons you can escape. Also, on the outer hexes, u can attack the 3 hexagons in front, to the upper left and upper right of u. The most strategic, yet most dangerous spot is the middle hex because you can attack anyone anywhere, yet you yourself can be attacked anywhere at any time.
2.Some skills attack 3 hexagons in a line. Others will trap a person inside the hexagon. you can even set it up as a trap so who ever steps into the hex will be poisoned or what ever.
3.The camera in the BS (battle system) shifts alot. However if it is not possible in 2-D, there could be diagonal view, bird eye view, or what ever view might be better than those two. I'll leave that to you.

This is a vid of the Hex system in action!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3wa8G8mtSoI:yes:

Thank u in advance! Hope it's not too much trouble!
Forget about it! Rotimikid's doing this one!
If any mods could delete this, that would be cool.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.