Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

1-Scene CMS [Alternate]

1-Scene CMS [Alternate Version]
Version: 1.01

Introduction

Happy new year everyone! As a present for you all, here's my latest script! (It's been some times since I last scripted). This script is another CMS packed in one scene, hence the 'alternate version'. By creating this, I hope I've remembered most of the stuff about RGSS while I'm absent.

And, no, I'm not grounded that long, it's just that I get hooked up by other things (DoTA, Warcraft World Editor, Visual Basic) that I forgot RMXP.

Features
  • Categorized Items
  • Fully Animated
  • HP, MP, & EXP bars
  • Icon on Command
  • Custom Save & Load System
  • Status Bars (Optional)
Screenshots

CMS1.png

CMS2.png

CMS3.png

CMS4.png

Script

MegaUpload || SendSpace

Demo

MegaUpload || SendSpace

Instructions

Put these icons into the icon folder to use the icon command features:
Stat0.png

Stat1.png

Stat2.png

Stat3.png

menu0.png

menu1.png

menu2.png

menu3.png

menu4.png

menu5.png

item0.png

item1.png

item2.png

item3.png

item4.png

item5.png

To put items into different catagory, simply apply attributes to them, you can apply more than 1 attributes to an item. In default, the attributes are :
:: 17 > Recovery items
:: 18 > Weaponry
:: 19 > Armor
:: 20 > Accessories
:: 21 > Key Items
:: 22 > Miscellanous Items

FAQ

Q : Is this script compatible with ?
A : See the script compatibility fix list section

Q : I can't seem to find it in the fix list...
A : Post the script here, then. I'll try to fix it.

Compatibility

Is SDK compliant.

Compatibility Fix

None at the moment

Version History

Ver. 1.00
~ Finished the script
Ver. 1.01
~ Fixed equipment menu bugs

Credits and Thanks

Special thanks to Sven Kistner for his MMD3 Winamp skin which inspires me to make this. Also Squall/Selwyn for his ASM.

Author's Notes

Credit me & enjoy!

Note: I need some one who can host the script text file, so people can directly copy it from the website instead of downloading it first.

Can we make it that the items aren't categorized like that?  Like, hitting items just takes you to a regular old item screen instead?  =/

EDIT: never mind.  I played with it and it works excellent.

Fantastic script.  The best menu script I've ever seen.  =)

Legacy nice, glad to see your making another CMS. This one looks nice, though I like your old one more. This one I might use though, thanks for sharing.

Thank you guys, for all the comments!

@pirate
ookay...
what triggered that error to appear? I mean, when did you get that error?

Legacy, this is very good.  Much better than your original CMS.  There's one bug that I found, though.  When you're in the equip menu, and you use Page Down to alternate characters, the equip window gets all messed up.  However, when you use Page Up, it fixes itself.

I'm experiencing some strange things, Mister LegACy.

(encountered in the demo)

In the Equip menu, there are certain items which will not show up erroneously. A ring I just bought shows up in the inventory, but
cannot be equipped. I can, however, equip this item in the default menu. (afterwards I can again equip it in yours)

Also, the item restrictions don't go with what is in the Database, for example: An Arshes/Aluxes only sword can be used by anyone.

Which is a shame, because I really do think this menu is the best I've ever encountered. I was using your previous 1 Scene CMS
for the longest time before this. I was very surprised to see you again.

Legacy, this is very good.  Much better than your original CMS.  There's one bug that I found, though.  When you're in the equip menu, and you use Page Down to alternate characters, the equip window gets all messed up.  However, when you use Page Up, it fixes itself.
Whew, I'm glad people love the menu, since I kinda break the habit (I used the standard menu looks for my previous CMS) for this menu, and a much more unique animation with it. Anyway, I'll fix it right away, there's something that I missed >.<
In the Equip menu, there are certain items which will not show up erroneously. A ring I just bought shows up in the inventory, but cannot be equipped. I can, however, equip this item in the default menu. (afterwards I can again equip it in yours)

Also, the item restrictions don't go with what is in the Database, for example: An Arshes/Aluxes only sword can be used by anyone.

Which is a shame, because I really do think this menu is the best I've ever encountered. I was using your previous 1 Scene CMS for the longest time before this. I was very surprised to see you again.
Hmm... I'll check it out right way, I must have missed something

Yea, I'm surprised myself I get back here ^^

Okay, problem fixed, it seems I haven't put the update method when entering the equipment menu >.<

Here's the script file:
MegaUpload || SendSpace

(Note that the demo still has v1.00 version of the script, so copy it from the txt file instead)

Thank you immensely, LegACy.

If there is anyone else who loves this menu as much as me, they must be wondering how
to add additional buttons in the menu. I've compiled a step-by-step instruction.

Basic knowledge of scripting may be required, also this is quite long so it's only for people really interested.
With this, you can call common events from the menu.

Adding additional buttons to 1 Scene CMS [Alternate]

The numbers for the lines deal with version 1.01, other versions will undoubtedly have different lines.

This will only add 1 extra button to both the items tab and the main menu, additional buttons simply
require fiddling with these numbers.

Line 39 - Adding Element  Change to whatever you want.
Code:
ITEMS           = [17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23]
Change to:
Code:
ITEMS           = [17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24]
Add the element 24 to the database as well, of course.

Line 313  - This deals with the size of the window.
Code:
super(0, 0, width, commands.size * 48 + 48)
Change to:
Code:
super(0, 0, width, commands.size * 41 + 48)

The magic number is 52, change all of them to 44. (make sure you use
match word as you only want the whole number.)

Otherwise, these are all the instances in which 52 is used.

Line 339 - Same as Above
Code:
rect = Rect.new(4, 52 * index + 2, self.contents.width - 4, 52)
Change to:
Code:
rect = Rect.new(4, 44 * index + 2, self.contents.width - 4, 44)

Line 342 - Same as Above

Code:
self.contents.blt(4, 52 * index + 4, bitmap, Rect.new(0, 0, 24, 24))
Change to:
Code:
self.contents.blt(4, 44 * index + 4, bitmap, Rect.new(0, 0, 24, 24))

Line 369 - Same as Above
Code:
y = @index / @column_max * 52 - self.oy - 4
Change to:
Code:
y = @index / @column_max * 44 - self.oy - 4

Line 1981 - Deals with the cursor

Code:
@name_window.y = @command_window.y - 18 + (@command_window.index * 52)
Change to:
Code:
@name_window.y = @command_window.y - 18 + (@command_window.index * 44)

Line 1986 - Deals with the cursor
Code:
@name_window.y = @catagory_window.y - 18 + (@catagory_window.index * 52)
Change to:
Code:
@name_window.y = @catagory_window.y - 18 + (@catagory_window.index * 44)

After you have changed all the 52's

Line 1715 - Adding buttons
Code:
      s1 = $data_system.words.item
      s2 = $data_system.words.skill
      s3 = $data_system.words.equip
      s4 = 'Status'
      s5 = 'Save'
      s6 = 'Exit'
      t1 = 'Recovery'
      t2 = 'Weapon'
      t3 = 'Armor'
      t4 = 'Accessory'
      t5 = 'Quest'
      t6 = 'Misc.'
      u1 = 'To Title'
      u2 = 'Quit'
Obviously, add buttons that you want here, one for s and t.
Change to this:
Code:

s1 = $data_system.words.item
      s2 = $data_system.words.skill
      s3 = $data_system.words.equip
      s4 = 'Status'
      s5 = 'Save'
      s6 = 'Exit'
      s7 = 'NEW'
      t1 = 'Recovery'
      t2 = 'Weapon'
      t3 = 'Armor'
      t4 = 'Accessory'
      t5 = 'Quest'
      t6 = 'Misc.'
      t7 = 'NEW'
      u1 = 'To Title'
      u2 = 'Quit'

Line 1730 (1732 after adding s7, t7) - Adding Buttons

Code:
@command_window = Window_NewCommand.new(64, [s1, s2, s3, s4, s5, s6], LegACy::ICON_NAME[1])
Change to:
Code:
@command_window = Window_NewCommand.new(64, [s1, s2, s3, s4, s5, s6, s7], LegACy::ICON_NAME[1])

Line 1763 (1765 after adding s7, t7) - Adding Buttons
Code:
@catagory_window = Window_NewCommand.new(64, [t1, t2, t3, t4, t5, t6], LegACy::ICON_NAME[2])
Change to:
Code:
@catagory_window = Window_NewCommand.new(64, [t1, t2, t3, t4, t5, t6, t7], LegACy::ICON_NAME[2])

Line 2084 to 2139 - Adding Buttons
This one is a little trickier, but shouldn't be hard to figure out.
You should see when 0, when 1, etc.
Add the next number, which would be after these two lines.
Code:
@command_window.active = false
@end_window.active = true
Add this line after.
Code:
when 6
$game_system.se_play($data_system.decision_se)
#whatever you want to call here, be it a new Scene, such
#as Scene_Party, or what have you.

If you want to call a common event from the menu, use this line.
Code:
when 6
$game_system.se_play($data_system.decision_se)
$game_temp.common_event_id = 10 #ID of the Common Event you wish to call
$scene = Scene_Map.new

Note:
You probably don't want your additional button under Exit, in which case
you'll have to change the order of lines 2084 to 2139. If you know what you're doing,
this isn't very hard to do. (also make sure to change 1715+ (s7, t7) to the appropriate names.
Also you may have to change the names of the icons in the icon folder.)

Note: Also important! But probably obvious.
You must add additional menu icons to the appropriate folder.
item6
menu6

Also, please, don't ask me how I found out all this out, since I have no scripting knowledge.
I most certainly did not check every number finding out what they all did, so that I may add another button.

cairn

legacy, your script rocks! I just find one annoying detail on it. Guillaume777's multi-slot script isn't compatible to your menu. The menu and some functions of the multi-slot script work, but the possibility to equip 2 or more weapons/armors accessories has been lost. I guess that many out there may not use your script because of this detail, I hope that you (or someone else) can help all of us with this annoying downfall ._. Thanks for the attention and hope that you can help us, newbies of RGSS or people that simply don't want to think.

Thanks for update Legacy.
I am now using this at first I wasn't,
because I thought it would affect my battle system.
Now I switched to Charlie Lee's and they both work perfect together.

So good job, I have a few suggestions for this script for a later updates though.

A. Option to Turn off HP/SP/EXP Bars from Menu, so you can insert your own.
I mean the main menu part not status or anything. The very start of the menu
where the characters, step, and play time is located.
B. Equip with new update seems still not to work. You can't equip anything after
you unequipped any of your gear. So please fix this, and it seems to be perfect, except
for a few minor features you can add to enhance it more. I don't think you can equip anything either.
C. Words by the Icons instead of just having hovering words. For example have Potion Icon for Recovery then have the text next to it, and have it where you can turn it on and off as well.
D. Guillaume777's Compatibility to this menu script. Have a option to turn this feature on or off.

Until LegACy implements such a function, you can take them out fairly easily.

Find this line:
Line 107 in v1.01
Code:
def draw_LegACy_bar(actor, x, y, stat, width = 156, height = 7)
Change to this one.
Code:
def draw_LegACy_bar(actor, x, y, stat, width = -10, height = -10)
Will disable the HP/SP/EXP bars, but will keep the stat bars in the Status menu.

---------------------
B. Equip with new update seems still not to work. You can't equip anything after
you unequipped any of your gear. So please fix this, and it seems to be perfect, except
for a few minor features you can add to enhance it more. I don't think you can equip anything either.

Are you sure you are using version 1.01? The problems you described were present in the earlier one, but
I have found no instance of them in the newest release.

Version 1.01 can be found in this post by LegACy.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1qcwq2

----------------------
C. Words by the Icons instead of just having hovering words. For example have Potion Icon for Recovery then have the text next to it, and have it where you can turn it on and off as well.

I have no idea what you mean by this.

legacy, your script rocks! I just find one annoying detail on it. Guillaume777's multi-slot script isn't compatible to your menu. The menu and some functions of the multi-slot script work, but the possibility to equip 2 or more weapons/armors accessories has been lost. I guess that many out there may not use your script because of this detail, I hope that you (or someone else) can help all of us with this annoying downfall ._. Thanks for the attention and hope that you can help us, newbies of RGSS or people that simply don't want to think.
Well, if you know my older CMS you'll know I'll always implement tons of other scripts into the CMS, so, just wait for the script to be on the compatability list, kay?

D. Guillaume777's Compatibility to this menu script. Have a option to turn this feature on or off.
A. Okay, it's a feature I've been deleting from my older CMS, I thought people would never turn the bar off!
B.Hmm... I'll check it out, but you're sure u're using v1.01?
C. Okay, not sure I understand this, but do you mean you want the text to be on the icon (so the text is an image instead) and no hovering windows? Well, I'll give you a feature to turn off the hovering window then
D. Just be patient ^^

Thanks for all the post guys, this kinda things are the one that keeps me scripting!

B. Reply: I got V.1.01 and it still doesn't work for equipping. I got your demo and pasted
the new update inside the game, and the problems seems to still be there.

C. Reply: Like for example have a icon and words next to it, like on your old one.
So have a Recovery Icon then text to the right of it. Though might not fit unsure or not.
Like I said before too option to turn it on or off. Hope I made more sense this time.

Thanks for thinking about my suggestions I will add more if I think of any good ones,
keep up the good work. Can't wait for this to work perfectly, will be great.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.