Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Where did the forums go?

shadow

Sponsor

You might be wondering why the forums were blank if you logged in early this morning. It was simply a case of one of our mods leaving their laptop hanging around logged into RMXP in a public place if I'm not mistaken. Normally we expect that nobody is going to play around with our stuff, but I guess you just can't trust anybody!

We've asked all mods to change their passwords and we're increasing security so hopefully this will not happen again. Backups have been restored from Thursday morning so we only lost a few hours.

PK8

That really sucks, big time. But, I'm glad the forums are back up with topics and posts safe and sound. When I saw the forums being blanked out, it was quite the "What The Fuck" moment. Glad to see you guys are taking measures to prevent this from happening again.

I don't know if this is off topic, but sorry for saying this. I'd like to say that while almost all of the forums were gone (and while we were stuck with posting in two forums, the main Private Subforums forum and Seph's RMXP - Scripter's Edition forum) which was a bummer, I've felt a feeling I never felt before here when we were stuck with two forums to post in and while everyone was regular members. I felt there was this feeling of togetherness, like as if we were a community or something. I really can't explain it (I suck at explaining) and I wish you were there to see it (wait, did you see it?). Some of us created a couple of topics to help everyone pass the time. (Dissonance's 'What's on your mind' thread, fox5's 'screenshot thread' and my 'all things RM-related & your projects' thread for example)

Man, I stink at explaining stuff, haha. Anyway, I hope someone who was there while this occurred could explain this feeling some (or most, or few, not sure) of us had.

It was like one of those movies where we're all in a plain crash and wash up on a island.
At first everyone paniced, then we built some shelter and waited to be rescued.

coyotecraft":1txtrzp6 said:
It was like one of those movies where we're all in a plain crash and wash up on a island.
At first everyone paniced, then we built some shelter and waited to be rescued.

but nobody eated anyone else

well unless you count what dissonance made venetia do to her. :x

e

Sponsor

there was no forcing there she consented with an emphasis on sented con (con from the latin cunnus god why do i have to explain everything)

mawk

Sponsor

I don't see why we'd punish him. he actually wasn't being that careless (i.e. he didn't leave his laptop open and running in a public place) and it's not like there was anything malicious about it. if one of you guys had your account hijacked by a friend who started spamming shit u p (and if you could prove it) we wouldn't ban YOU.

~R~

@every berries:
That's why i was thinking about the punishment, if he were punished, then it would be really unfair...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.