Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Transformers: The movie [2007]

They better play the song....

Anyway, it has a chance to be good... but it probably won't be.

Although it'll probably be a fun smash'em up eyecandy, it probably won't be a good movie.

Apparently, "Bumblebee" is going to start out as a 1970s Camaro, and then be rebuilt as a 2008/2009 Camaro. Meanwhile, "Starscream" is going to be an F-22 Raptor, and "Optimus Prime" is going to be a fire truck.
Huh.

Optimus Prime = fire truck? That was a different Transformer.

I saw the preview at Pirates. I made an audible noise when the transformers title appeared at the end, and I could feel everyone looking at me.

The audible noise was something like "HOLY FUCK YES."

The preview actually wasn't that great. It showed a rover on Mars and it set up to make it look like it was a generic alien movie. Then the end showed the Transformers logo. That was basically it.

Yeah, I saw the preview and at first I was like "Oh no, not another Area 51 movie...." and then it showed the logo and I was like "Wtf?". I actually would have made a comment about how I wanted to see it when it came out but there were elitist preppy girls sitting behind me giggling and laughing at how dumb it looked :/.

Fenrir said:
Yeah, I saw the preview and at first I was like "Oh no, not another Area 51 movie...." and then it showed the logo and I was like "Wtf?". I actually would have made a comment about how I wanted to see it when it came out but there were elitist preppy girls sitting behind me giggling and laughing at how dumb it looked :/.

You should have punched them in the face, then had sex with them, then had them cook for you.

Nin

I personally thought it was really dumb. I actually thought the same thing as Fafnir except I really had no intrest in seeing it. I never liked the animated series myself.

I thought the whole robot getting attacked on Mars was pretty cool, but when that overdone, loud text animation of Transformers popping up I was like "Hell no."

Vash

Brimstone-x said:
This is the transformer's universe thingy, I think this is the one that takes place after Beasties/Beast wars.
Nope, base on that universe but not in anyway connected.

Tox Garou said:
Transformers died with the first movie.

Optimus Prime is supposed to be a FUCKING SEMI, NOT A FUCKING FIRE TRUCK.

He's been a fair few different trucks and vehicles over the years, if we ignore his namesake in Beast Wars. In recent memory, we've had Robots in Disguise, with a realistic firetruck Optimus, and the current line sports a firetruck Optimus who looks like he fights fires by blowing them up.

Anyhow, the firetruck thing is outdated. It's strongly suspected that he'll be a long nosed truck, with a flame deco paint job. That link also links up with director Michael Bay's comments on the whole thing.

Anyhow, I have hopes for the movie. From what I've read (I try to avoid as much as I can since I don't want to spoil the movie for myself too much) the robots are going to be a mixture of animatronics and CGI. I did see a leaked pic of Bumblebee (he'll be a 70's Camaro that gets rebuilt into the 2008 model by all accounts. Can't be a Bug anymore, since VW didn't want to associate themselves with a "war" toy, same reason we've not seen an Alternator Bumblebee) and he looks okay. Different, but it is hard to judge.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.