Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

This week on RMXP.org (July 27 - August 2)!

Hoy! Happy Saturday (and it's a bit late, so potentially 'Happy Sunday' too!)

HTML:
<hr />

Project Discussion

Bandits of Arabia is an older thread, but it has recently released a demo! The game has a unique setting in that the entire game takes place in the desert. There are some annoying issues about the project (some apparent spelling errors for one), but the unique setting and cultural flavor looks like the game is worth keeping an eye on.

There's some zany game about planting and growing Flowers. I don't know. Seems unique. There's a high score chart so that makes me assume that it's nor nearly as boring as traditional RPGs.

RM Discussion

As always there is an interesting topic or two about game design. This one is about both the story and gameplay, which I find a bit interesting. How does Killing off Similar Characters affect battles? There have been lots of topics about deaths in stories, but a question like this examines one of the important things that people tend to overlook - gameplay.

Resource Analysis

One thing that annoys me is that there is a serious lack of actual pixel art topics. In looking for interesting topics, I've stumlbed across multiple "workshops" that seemed interesting... until I realized that they were nothing but recolored RTP tilesets. Wyatt's Dragon Sprite [WIP] topic was a nice change of pace. It's largely just a frankensprite, which is disappointing to somone who gets a stiffy for fresh pixels, but it's still refreshing considering the kind of garbage that is usually posted in that forum.

But I shouldn't lose hope. Perihelion is asking for you to Crit this tileset. There aren't many tiles there yet, but I see actual original graphics, so it is certainly something to take a look at.

Script Analysis

[PRInput] New Faster Input Module! Apparently we can use the whole keyboard now or something! Cool!

General Discussion

Once in a while this community really comes through. In my Trains (tell me about them) topic, the community does a pretty good job of helping answer some questions about trains and train life. Check it out. I've personally found that trains are a lot more interesting to research than you might imagine.

The Symposium

This is 2008, and most people assume that in the modern world the two primary genders have more or less equal rights. Women can vote now, fantastic! But there are some things that people just don't even think about. Consider, for example, Topless Equal Rights. Should women be allowed to walk in public topless? Why not? Men can.

Private Sub Forums

Become a Lab Rat today and help sixty out with his projects.  Apparently he needs feedback for his silly games and is looking for people to share ideas with.  This also opens shows how the private sub forum can be used by those with private sub forums to promote their projects or teams in alternative methods.

HTML:
<hr />

That's it this time around. Those aren't the only interesting topics from this week, but it's late and I'm tired. See ya next time!

Why did my project never make This Week? ;_;
Anyways, nice job for catching some interesting topics. (Yeah I would suppose you would like the setting of Bandits of Arabia (Sandfall, anyone? xD))

The demo i released is not a final demo, im currently re-writing important parts of the story so it makes more sence and is generally better.

Hmm, not sure my dragon was worthy of a mention but thanks anyway. Those workshops annoy me too, they sound so promising and then you realise it's just shitty... I was about to say recolours, but a hue/darkness/saturation slider doesn't really qualify as a recolour :/.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.