Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The Second Annual .ORGy Awards (2008-09) - Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.
well thats what the finals are for,

nominations -> ~10 per category are chosen based on demand
-> preliminary voting -> ~3 are chosen based on demand
-> final voting -> 1 is chosen based on demand
-> winner

Pluto

10 works for me.

There are some oddities that we need to iron out, for example one game has been voted for "Favourite released game" and "Favourite unreleased game" lots of times, which doesn't make sense. I'm not sure whether incorrect nominations should be just ignored, or perhaps merged with the other?

One person voted for the same game for released and unreleased, which I find a tad suspicious.

But then, I am a robot, what would I know? I have superior knowledge of all of you, and my mind can calculate OH HOW MANY calculations per minute. But no, I was built to serve and not to play. I feel so depressed. Wrong robot. Hehm.

all incorrect nominations are thrown out. status of the game is determined on an as-it-is-currently basis
(if it is currently complete then it only qual's for complete. if it ONCE had a good concept dev thread but now it's complete it only qual's for complete and that's it!)

it's just the most fair way of doing it. i mean if a completed game is amazing but it had an amazing thread for concept dev and an amazing in-progress thread it's not really fair for it to win all 3 just because it's gone thru all the stages everyone else goes through

Favorite completed game of 2008-9
The best game with over an hour of gameplay. Any program, genre, or engine is allowed.

Favorite in-progress game of 2008-9
The best game with under an hour of gameplay but over 5 minutes. Any program, genre, or engine is allowed.

Favorite concept dev game of 2008-9
The best pre-development game you've seen on the Concept Development board. Any program, genre, or engine is allowed.

i should mention: games do not qualify unless their statuses have been started or updated significantly within the last year! (Jun 2008 - Jun 2009)

Yeah that's another point: if you won an award that clearly can't be won twice, such as most improved member, then you can't win it again. ;)

Nachos

Sponsor

fff there were many new members in the last months and they'll be voting too, so idk the results are going to be weird.

Well, there are at least 30,000 other members who've been here long enough to know how the site goes, so it makes no real difference. Plus from the nominations not many new members are bothering, it seems. The noms are mainly from vets.

Five Years of .Org

This is a special list this year, to celebrate our fifth birthday as a forum!

Favorite staff member since .Net's creation
The best staff member -- ever! (Ex-staff counts)
Favorite non-staff member since .Net's creation
The best member -- ever! (Ex-staff do not count)
Favorite released game since .Net's creation
What's the best game you've ever played from this forum or .net?
Favorite unreleased game since .Net's creation
What had the most potential over the past 5 years?
Member we most want to come back ;-;
R.I.P., you guys ;~;
Biggest game making letdown (past five years)
What was hyped to hell ... Then flopped miserably?

This is the best addition. This gives members like my self who've been around to see the rise and fall of so many Staff members, games, and everything interesting to happen with RMXP.org/.net (HBGames.org). Good call on that :)

Pluto

Final call final call finacall finocell foicall focall socal soco and lime

The first round (nominations) will end at 0:00 GMT tonight (Friday 26th). Make sure you get your nominations in before then, late entries will not count! That should be 19:00 EST (not sure about time saving) but if you aim for before then it won't hurt.

Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Doit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.