Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content The convent [FULL GAME]

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Trion":1p4e2kii said:
Hey great game so far however I am stuck and spent a little too much time trying to figure it out so basically....
What is the numerical combination "the hell clue" doesnt exactly help lol
If you've played games like Dino Crisis or Tomb Raider, this sort of thing comes naturally.

Awesome job with this one  :thumb:
As it's been said before, it almost didn't feel like an RMXP game at all...
And considering some commercial companies can't even get a rise out of the horror fans out there with so many cliche ideas running rampant, it's nice to see a 2D game that can actually deliver on the chill-factor, even when compared side by side to the big budget, supposedly "higher-end" technological offerings out there. Classic example of just good old fashioned story telling & game making at it's best; exhibiting that all it takes is knowing just how to set the mood, pace, and build a sense of tension to engross the player. Aside from the few minor flaws already mentioned (therefore I don't care to rehash them), this is a great little project you've put together here.
Can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve for future endeavors... :wink:

I tip my hat to you, sir. I truly am terrible at making puzzles. I did learn a thing or two from you about puzzles.
I do have a question, though. Did you have any intentions for the rusty switch?

Awesome work!
Kept on the edge of my seat the whole time! And I'm serious. Maybe because it's 1.00 am...but really, great atmosphere.
I liked the puzzles, the mystery, the mapping.
Just great.
The ending was a bit less spectacular than what I expected but it felt right nonetheless.

Keep up the great work!

boon

Sponsor

Amazing. I'm still playing it, but it's very very well made.

Stuck :3

In the library, what do I do next? I have 2 peices of paper, but the leftmost bedroom is empty.

You have to find the 3 pieces of paper before.
one in the library, one in the chapel, and one in the beggining room.then you'll be able to go on
I'm so happy that you guys liked it, so far it's the only project I've ever finished, and even if it is a short one, I'm glad that it was appreciated, except for the ending XD

arev

Sponsor

Once in a while I check out the Projects Formum to see what I'm missing. Usually not much. But this time I found a really great piece of game. Graphics are great, the whole place really gives the creeps. Music and SFX boost it even more. Congratulations on this one, crybest. Thanks to the necroposters too, I would have never found this game without you :)

Very well made.
There are a few scraps of paper lying about that don't display any text when the Action button is used on it.
You can also acquire an infinite amount of Archive keys.

That was a great game. I have no finished it but I LOVE it!

Everything is so good. Honestly it puts my game to shame and kind of crushes my self esteem but hey you made a good game :)

Make a squeal!

edit: what the hell!? I have done the 'hell clue' thing but when i put in the numbers you get from the clue, nothing happens!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.