Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

sprite shop

revised for my sprite shop
Notice
Really appreciated your help guys, currently I have a new template working on 100% original and was posted on different thread. I have considered your views and notices so this will now be my sprite shop :fap: . Heres my edited sprites and tiles from previous makers and others from snes games, comments and critiques is appreciated.

Current Works :smoke:

Trees
Tiles

test4.gif

mawk

Sponsor

I don't quite understand this. you've co-opted the Kaduki template and edited it to be worse?

functionally speaking, it's still very much the same thing, although with an uglier head and a much flatter colour scheme. a template should fill a niche that isn't filled, or improve on a current solution. using one template as a base to make another one with near-identical proportions and form just sounds to me like you only want to get your name in a list of resources somewhere, and screw the rest.

it's perfectly fine for personal use, but I don't think you should be trying to distribute this as something entirely new.

May I remind you in the first place that this is a frankenstein lab, have i posted on the wrong place? This is my modified work from Kaduki template and I posted it here for suggestions and constructive criticism.

I was sorry for the first post about me creating the template, i was not good at expressing my thinking on english. What i really like to say is that I have created a template from kaduki and modified it a little and not claiming it as my own work. Of course I DO need to think of a title for the thread thats why i named it muffinic template :fap: .

ʞʍɐɯ":2m2gxbql said:
it's perfectly fine for personal use, but I don't think you should be trying to distribute this as something entirely new.

Dont worry im not trying to distribute this as an original work ^^, i can make sprites template on my own style.

Ill try to post updates and walking sets of female next time when i got time, for the mean time what do you think of my work?

The colors are too flat, the head is as big as the body, and she leans forward with her arms held back. All of these are bad things. In other words, you need to change the position, change the proportions, and get a better color scheme.

She should be standing straight up, or, if not using perfect posture, be leaning forward slightly, using a curve in the back. He arms should be at her sides, instead of thrown back like she's skydiving sideways. Shrink her head, make her taller, and make her a bit thinner along the waist, rear, and thighs. Finally, even if you're going for a cell-shaded color scheme, you need to make it pop out more. At this point, she looks more like a paper cutout than a piece of pixel art.

Really appreciated your help guys, currently I have a new template working on 100% original and considered your views and notice. Heres my edited sprites and tiles from previous makers and others from snes games, comments and critiques is appreciated.

tree3.png

ingame screenshot

map2.png

Tiles

tiledit1.png

ingame screenshot
trees1.png

Tindy

Sponsor

It's really quite difficult to make out anything in that shot. I think the ground either need less texture or less saturation - or maybe a mix of both. It's just too busy. (It also looks like rows of corn.)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.