Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[REQ]Large Tileset Fuse and Edit - Huge Credits

Tyne

Hey RMXP,

Alright.. apparently, because of a hack attempt, everything got changed to an automated message. So, I'm reposting this.
An RTP Fuse and Edit. Building interiors, fantasy cityscape, a forest, mountians, a mountian town, farmland, Castle Exterior/Interior, Fort Interior/Exterior - all fused together. This is my one-and-only Tileset for my game, as I hate being confined to a single tileset.
Once fused, they should look a bit more grungy. More realistic. Harder colors, cracks here and there. More realistic details, and more details in general. More variety in the pieces, not so generically "Happy" as the RTP is. Splintered wood that can be exchanged for normal wood, and visa versa. Random twigs, rocks, dead grass, things of that nature. All the while, the colors are harder, and more realistic. By 'harder colors', I'm refering to what the RTP colors aren't. The RTP is so bright, and happy - not all messed up, as a weather-beaten medieval town would really look like.

Anyone who undertakes this will get Beginning-Game credits, and be on the top of the list of End-Credits. I know its a monumental request, but for the artistically challenged, like myself, its the only place I can turn to.

Thanks,
~Tyne

Zoom

I'm already doing a massive tile fuse/edit similar to what you want, except it won't be in one tileset, but rather four -- Outdoors, Building Interior, Building Exterior, and Miscellaneous Interior. So far the sizes are beyond 256x8000 and though I could probably go to 20000, there won't be any point unless there's enough new things to add. (There might be though.)

I don't want to do just one set for everything as it would mean multiple uses of same set (one for each type of battle background wanted). Also there's a little problem regarding autotiles.

When done, I'll make my tilesets available.

Tyne

Ah, alright. Thanks for letting me know. 256x8000~20000 is pretty massive, but in a good way. Let me know when you release it, it sounds great.
^_^

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.