Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

New Channel

Should I continue making videos?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

moog

Sponsor

Eh

Intros are really annoying and there's no variety

I can tell you know what you're doing and you have pretty good editing knowledge, get some more games up and develop a persona that makes your content stand out.

Spoo

Sponsor

I'm guessing you're drawing inspiration from Frankie? Your choice of content, music selections, and intro style is very similar to his.

I agree with Moog on both points. Your intros kind of drag out a little too long for what happens in them. I dug the flickering screen effect in the Unexpected Circumstances intro, but I think you could take maybe a second of that, cut to your name and be done with it.

On the point of variety, I understand that survival games are fairly popular, but at this point I think it's safe to say they're overdone. Without a super interesting hook, there's really no reason to watch your videos over any of the big channels out there. That being said, if survival games are what you enjoy making videos for, then go for it -- forcing yourself to make content when your heart's not in it is a fine way to burn yourself out. I'm just looking at this from the perspective that you want to increase viewership, that's all.

You've got a nice voice, IMO. Maybe try a post-commentary at some point. I think it'd suit.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.