Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

My Netbook is Slow as a Snail ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so... Since Star won't buy me a netbook, I still use it.

Well, recently, I decided to do some MAJOR cleaning. I went through the Programs list again, this time through CCleaner. Using Google, I found that I had the most useless crap installed, so I got rid of them. I also stopped a lot more processes from starting up with my computer does. I also deleted an extra account I had, that existed for no reason.

SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY I MADE IT GO A LOT FASTER.

bluehazed":3uert4bn said:
Honestly this is your main problem: Intel® Atom™ CPU N450

This CPU is just bad. 32 bit, no out of order execution, low clock. I believe the late series Pentium IIIs perform better than the early N series atoms.

I'd give throwing Win8 on there a shot since I've found it's a bit faster on crappy hardware tendance afro, but it's probably not worth the effort.

TLDR: If you have it in your budget and need something quick, get one of these: http://store.hp.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s ... ogId=10051

They're not great, but they'll do the job. I've got the tablet version of that (The stream 7) that I bought for coffeeshops and shit (it was $120) and it works more or less ok.

Here's a review: http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/11/7363 ... -11-review
Mais est ce qu'il a une aide ou une allocation pour ce genre de chose.

Please do not post in a 2-year old thread. This is also an English speaking community.

If StrawberrySmiles needs this thread re-opened, please PM a moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.