Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Legend Maker: alpha demo and kickstarter

Just wanted to shout out that the Legend Maker kickstarter has begun, here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/697167492/legend-maker
If you're not familiar with it, they also have a facebook page, here: https://www.facebook.com/DreamMixGames/timeline
It used to be called Zelda Maker. Obviously, the name was changed at Nintendo's request, but they carry on.

I am going to get the alpha demo today and check it out.
So, I'll come back here and let you know my first impressions in a day or two.
I am totally stoked (do you kids still say "stoked?" Oh well, you know what I mean.)

EDIT: (after trying the alpha)
So far, it's looking pretty good. It being an alpha of only the dungeon design portion of the utility, it is very unpolished, but surprisingly fluid. There's nothing that tells you what anything is yet, but it was not at all hard to figure out. I made a nine-room old fashioned Zelda 1 style dungeon in relatively short time, and it was as fun to make as it was to play through it. I particularly liked how fast and easy it is to switch between play mode and design mode. It made it really simple to test the functionality of room puzzles as I went along. Their use of the mouse wheel was well integrated for cycling through options and positions for obstacles, doors, and items.
I'm still excited and looking forward to further updates.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.