Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Harshly Criticize Spoo's Pre-Podcasting Here!

Spoo

Sponsor

You guys remember when I said I was working on a project with a few buddies? Sure you don't. Well, to keep it brief, my part in this project is to host a weekly podcast and also tackle the audio side of everything. Unfortunately, I tend to ramble and stumble over my words when not talking face-to-face, even with an outline or script. So. I intend to improve by essentially talking to you guys. And I want you to destroy me. Trial by fire. Or something like that.

Here's episode one.

I intend to do these as frequently as I can, and I hope that you guys can help me improve. If you can't, that's fine too; just have fun ripping me a new one over my terrible oratory skills and southern accent.

I have no opinion. The number of podcasts I've listened to is like 2 or 3 and I've never listened to them live. And everyone has different mics. They're usually pretty attentive about time, not going over 15mins or something and also aware of the previous and next episodes, which makes me think they do all the month's podcasts in one sitting.

My left ear liked your voice, but hated the metalic scratching sounds.

It is also massively quiet, had to turn my speakers up to double to hear you loud and clear.

Spoo

Sponsor

I swapped from a 1/4 inch to 3.5mm adapter to RCA inputs instead. Now I can record in stereo and not have to downmix the audio. Like I said in PWOYM, my new microphone (MXL 990; great microphone for the price) for delivered and I've been tweaking with settings to remove as much background noise as possible.

When I'm next back home I'll try a longer audio test. Maybe have a co-host and talk about some games here.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.