Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Game dev on my first visit here. Advice?

Hi everyone. I'm the developer behind the upcoming game Himeko Sutori--which I'm developing in UDK, which I think is probably an oddity around here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XwXbfDFOwE

I clicked over here from SithJester's looking for sprites and/or help with sprites after reading the fine print on my RPG Maker bundle. It looks like I won't be able to use my sprites with my upcoming game and now I'm looking for alternatives.

Your site looks very big and active and I'm wondering if one of you fine people wouldn't mind starting me off in the right direction. For starters, what's the terms of use on the character generator?

I guess with that, I'll continue wandering around. Thanks for welcoming me to your community.

The rmxp generator uses parts from the Rpg maker RTP. I don't think there's anything original in there. And as you know, you can only use rpg maker's rtp graphics with other RPG MAKER products.

Sorry yes. The character generator just uses RMXP graphics edited by myself. If you find any Half Kaizer sprites around they're available to use as they're on a custom base. I tried to clean up the resources board so anything you can't use should have this disclaimer:

This resource uses material from the RPG Maker XP RTP, the license of which applies. The editor must be owned to use this resource, and it may only be used in software the license allows.

Welcome to the site nonetheless, and I hope we eventually fill the place with custom graphics that are free to use.

Thanks for the pointers everyone. I guess I'll start looking at Half Kaizer sprites. It's too bad that the RMXP sprites seem about 100x more popular.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.