Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Final fantasy VIII Soundpack

Final Fantasy VIII Soundpack v1.0
---------------------------------
Published 03/05/2009
---------------------------------

I was able to rip quite some sound effects and background sounds from final fantasy VIII (mainly outside of battle sound effects) and i thought i should share them with the community. They can be helpfull in any project. It has about 20 background sounds including train, car and factory bgs. It also contains about 30 SE from the game, like save and drrawpoint, the cursor moving etc.

Download link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QGLIP2FT

These are pretty cool. SE are so over looked in most rm games. Ambient noises are really useful.
You can hear bits of the background music in the summon and entering battle sounds.

Some of the sounds I'm just too familiar with that I wouldn't use without changing the pitch first.

Thanks for he reply. I'm trying to improve and add more SE's. To everyone: the quality of these sound files are really good! ;)

Very awesome. Sound effects are always one of the missing links when searching for resources from games. This will help my mini-project idea for some weird FFVIII fangame I thought of. To be honest, I'd only use these for fangames, because it's resources from a licensed work being used without permission...you know?

Anyway, good job, I'm looking forward to seeing hearing more!

I love you. No, not really, but sheesh I looked for these. FF7 Sound effects: Easy Enough. FF8?
Being hung, drawn, quartered, beaten, roasted and eaten is about the same amount of chance you've got.

Thank you so much! :kiss:

thank for the replies.

SorceressKyrsty, i know you are making a FFVIII fangame. I made ripped these effects because i was planning on making a FFVIII fangame to, but i changed my mind and continued with my original project. Maybe i'll share my other resoucers to, but first i gotta be absolutely sure that i'm leaving that project.

to everyone: i'm gonna try to extend this soundpack but it will take some time i'm afraid.

Can you tell me what program you used to open (and create) Rar. files? I've tried ones like Media Player and itunes.
If I could get these sound effects working it would be very very good!

That program would be WinRAR. Look it up on Google my friend.
Also Early, my friend...don't gravedig old topics, ok?

~Miles, please use the report button and dont backseat mod. To be honest, I would of accepted that necropost because the creator of the thread is active and the member had a legitimate question..

Thanks heaps for giving me that link, it all works perfectly!
Sorry for any inconvenience/site misuse!

I will set up a shrine beside my bed to you gRaViJa for this excellent work! <3

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.