Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Event Touch Trigger

Event Touch Trigger
Event touching event triggers.

Version 2.2

[[[Download Plugin EventTouch.js]]]
Save to your project js/plugins folder.

Adds additional event-touch-event triggers for event pages.

Activate by adding an event comment to an event page with the JSON Name (default "Event Touch").
Each new line after the JSON Name is an individual trigger.

An example valid event comment:
Event Touch
{ "source" : 1, "call" : { "common event" : 1 } }
{ "source" : 2, "call" : { "common event" : 2, "target this" : false } }

A single JSON entry must NOT be defined across multiple lines.

The JSON key names can be redefined as part of the Plugin Parameters.

Change log:
  • Version 2.2:
    • Added support for multiple events with the same name.
  • Version 2.1:
    • Added compatibility support for OrangeCustomEvents.
  • Version 2.0:
    • Rewrite - API is completely changed.
    • Added common event support.
  • Version 1.1:
    • Added "Turn Toward" boolean parameter.
  • Version 1.0:
    • Initial version.

Example
Take notice of the event names, event notes and the JSON!!
L9nEwJK.gif
Mdj1mGM.gif

lF7EIi0.gif
OvCOzfJ.gif

moo :D

Thank you for making this plugin! I have been unable to find one like it so far! xD Is this free to use in both noncommerical and commerical?

moo :D":1356x61y said:
Thank you for making this plugin! I have been unable to find one like it so far! xD Is this free to use in both noncommerical and commerical?
Free to use in both non-commercial and commercial.

moo :D

Thank you so much Xilef! This is a life saver! There is an incompatibility with another plugin I'm using but I'm hoping a friend can sort it out for me soon, thank you again! I look forward to making you proud!

Plugin updated to 2.1 with support for OrangeCustomEvents, a plugin that allows you to copy events. The touch event data will instantiated if the _eventData value is detection on initialisation (Something OrangeCustomEvents does).

So mixed with OrangeCustomEvents, you could easily do things like shooting bullets.

Will you believe it, this Plugin is still rather popular?

By request, I've updated the Plugin so when referencing an event touch source by name the Plugin will now use every even that has that name on the map.

So if you were to name all your events "FIRE_BALL" and make it so your pile-of-wood event is triggered when touched by an event called "FIRE_BALL" then all FIRE_BALLs will activate your pile-of-wood. Hope that makes sense.

Version is now 2.2

This script doesnt seem to be working for me at all, i have tried for a few hours now, and I think either it is a poor explanation and help and bug,
or that i am stupid, even with an army-tested iq over 140.

Frostroyk":2cr9eay7 said:
This script doesnt seem to be working for me at all, i have tried for a few hours now, and I think either it is a poor explanation and help and bug,
or that i am stupid, even with an army-tested iq over 140.
This Plugin is no longer in active development. I've heard that it doesn't work when combines with other Plugins, so it could be a case of re-ordering your Plugins to make sure they're loading correctly, but I'm not going to be fixing any of the problems. This Plugin needs re-building due to the many updates that MV has received since its creation.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.