Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Day and night transition

I'm trying to get the day and night transition in my game right but the screen tones don't seem to get dark enough can someone give me a screentone for each hour including sunrise hours and sunset?

Injury

Awesome Bro

You might want to create a picture that can work in tandem with your screen tone to darken it up.

I always think of these kind of pictures as "filters" you can use to change the way your game looks overall, or in specific areas.

Injury

Awesome Bro

I just realized how much I hate VXA. Anyways, I finished it. Honestly, besides making sure you have convincing screen tone from the Tint Screen option throughout the time, you should really consider using graphics to control some of that. Tint is great, but you can get more done with images.

I threw in just a black image at 50 transparency and it made it pretty dark during the night cycle.

Try mimicking the normal real life day/night pattern. I made it a 1/60th of a 24 hour system. Sunsets can happen quickly, dawn has weird lighting, night can have beautiful sunsets, but how do you portray that with just tint?

Play with it I guess!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.