Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Better Cliffs for XP [WIP]

This resource uses material from the RPG Maker XP RTP, the license of which applies. The editor must be owned to use this resource, and it may only be used in software the license allows.

Progress so far. It's a bit of a mess at the moment as it's still in development. The aim is to create a cliffs tileset with a variety of different structures to be able to map with more effectively, with less blocky elements and more variation. Further, the number of colours used has been reduced from the RTP, as the RTP cliffs in question used dozens of different very close shades to accomplish very little.

akHX2H0.png

License/credits: RMXP RTP edits. Please give credit as Amy at HBGames.org, just HBGames.org, or something similar. Do not post these elsewhere.

Added another tile. I know it's only a simple edit, but I think it's a much more pleasing way to cross a cliff level than the alternative (right). Also trying out half-height cliffs to replace undulation tiles.

RhSshPZ.png

regi

Sponsor

Cool stuff! While the new tiles look a lot more natural, though, I would suggest making more for variety, as the custom stairs might get a bit repetitive.

Well, basically the main one is I've been editing as if the RTP grass is just a splodge of green that can be cut and rehashed at will, but it's not just random green dots, it's actually shaped. That's why there's repetitive patterns anywhere I've edited it. I've done the same with the pattern on the flat part of the steps, need to fix both those issues.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.